Friday, April 30, 2010

Natural History at the PCM

Just posted on the blog of the Providence Children's Museum is an interview with Chris Sancomb, the designer/fabricator, about their upcoming exhibit "Underland." I'm very excited about Underland for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is that I was able to help, minimally but I hope influentially, at the very beginning of researching content for the exhibit during my AmeriCorps year at the PCM. I also had a chance to work a bit with Chris during that year and he is one of the smartest, most creative people I've met in the museum world. His work is fairly unique as many museums contract their actual fabrication out to others. I found his comments on the visual style of the exhibit especially interesting. Take a look: http://providencechildrensmuseum.blogspot.com/2010/04/interview-with-chris-sancomb.html

No comments:

Post a Comment